By David Waldstreicher
A significant other to John Adams and John Quincy Adams provides a suite of unique historiographic essays contributed via best historians that hide diversified features of the lives and politics of John and John Quincy Adams and their spouses, Abigail and Louisa Catherine.
- Features contributions from best historians and Adams’ scholars
- Considers sub-topics of curiosity comparable to John Adams’ function within the overdue 18th-century dying of the Federalists, either Adams’ presidencies and efforts as diplomats, faith, and slavery
- Includes chapters on Abigail Adams and one on Louisa Adams
Read or Download A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history books
The South has continually been some of the most detailed areas of the USA, with its personal set of traditions and a turbulent heritage. even though usually linked to cotton, hearty nutrients, and wealthy dialects, the South is additionally famous for its robust feel of faith, which has considerably formed its background.
Cloverdale lies nestled between forested hills and colourful vineyards on the north finish of Sonoma County�s famed Alexander Valley. initially inhabited through the Makahmo Pomo with white settlers commencing to arrive within the 1850s, the city later grew to become often called �The Orange urban� due to its flourishing groves of citrus.
For greater than a hundred years, western New Yorkers have loved the region�s intriguing entertainment parks. in the course of the days of trolleys and steamships, sector businessmen created Celoron Park, Crystal seashore Park, and different advantageous neighborhood summer time lodges. a long time later, lifelong stories have been shaped for local child boomers who visited Glen Park and myth Island, in addition to one in all manhattan State�s best subject parks, Darien Lake.
Within the years among 1880 and 1915, big apple urban and its environs underwent an immense demographic transformation with the arriving of thousands of eu immigrants, local whites from the agricultural nation-state, and folks of African descent from either the yank South and the Caribbean. whereas all teams confronted demanding situations of their adjustment to town, hardening racial prejudices set the black event except that of different novices.
- Doctoring Freedom: The Politics of African American Medical Care in Slavery and Emancipation (The John Hope Franklin Series in African American History and Culture)
- The Confederate Heartland: Military and Civilian Morale in the Western Confederacy (Conflicting Worlds: New Dimensions of the American Civil War)
- Lake Compounce (Images of America)
- Burlington (Then and Now)
- Flush Times and Fever Dreams: A Story of Capitalism and Slavery in the Age of Jackson
Additional resources for A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by David Waldstreicher