By Mark Robson
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and confirmed sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and evaluate standards of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and assistance for every appropriate specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for a number of classes including:
- AQA: Italy and Fascism, c1900-1945
- Edexcel: the increase and fall of fascism in Italy , c1911-46
- OCR: Italy 1896-1943
Read or Download Access to History: Italy: The Rise of Fascism 1896-1946 Fourth Edition PDF
Similar european history books
Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179) used to be some of the most notable girls of her day. From early youth she skilled non secular visions, and on the age of 8 she entered a cloistered non secular existence within the Benedictine monastery of Disibondenberg. finally she not just turned abbess of the neighborhood, yet presided over the institution of a major new convent close to Bingen.
Within the spring of 1575, Holland's Northern Quarter--the waterlogged peninsula stretching from Amsterdam to the North Sea--was threatened with approaching invasion by way of the Spanish military. because the outbreak of the Dutch rebellion many years previous, the Spanish had many times didn't expel the rebels less than William of Orange from this distant quarter, and now there have been rumors that the war-weary inhabitants harbored traitors conspiring to aid the Spanish invade.
Irish Immigrants within the Land of Canaan is a huge and pathbreaking learn of early Irish Protestant and Catholic migration to the US. via exhaustive examine and delicate analyses of the letters, memoirs, and different writings, the authors describe the range and power of early Irish immigrant reviews, starting from these of frontier farmers and seaport employees to revolutionaries and loyalists.
Initially released in 1932 and for many years in view that one in all Stefan Zweig’s most well-liked biographies, this “portrait of a typical woman,” betrothed at fourteen, topped queen at nineteen, and beheaded at thirty-seven, aimed “not to deify, yet to humanize. ” Supplementing library and archival learn with mental perception, Marie Antoinette: The Portrait of a standard girl is a shiny narrative of France’s most famed queen, her family members along with her mom Empress Maria Theresa, her husband Louis XVI, and her lover Swedish count number von Fersen, set opposed to the backdrop of the French and Austrian courts of the ancien régime, the French Revolution and the phobia.
- Luther's Jews: A Journey into Anti-Semitism
- The Great Encounter: Native Peoples and European Settlers in the Americas, 1492-1800: Native Peoples and European Settlers in the Americas, 1492-1800
- Transnational Moments of Change: Europe 1945, 1968, 1989
- A History of Italian Economic Thought (The Routledge History of Economic Thought)
- Agriculture in Capitalist Europe, 1945–1960: From food shortages to food surpluses (Rural Worlds: Economic, Social and Cultural Histories of Agricultures and Rural Societies)
Additional info for Access to History: Italy: The Rise of Fascism 1896-1946 Fourth Edition
Access to History: Italy: The Rise of Fascism 1896-1946 Fourth Edition by Mark Robson